Saturday, July 16, 2016

Nourishing Love Bites

Old Memories & Familiarities...

How do you handle them? Do you reflect upon them & how they have simply been experiences of many steering you along your path or judge them with embarrassment trying to suppress & tuck them away where nobody will see or know of your past?

I know often I have looked back upon at many of my past experiences with judgment because I felt embarrassed that I had had them. 

I was in a different place in my life then but now I can look back now & see my immaturity, lack of awareness, lack of knowledge, lower self-esteem, desire to be loved & liked, simply to fit in where I didn't feel comfortable or like others.

So much I have learned since then that I'm not that same person - not even close!

In fact, this brings up people who have been a part of your life all those years (many family members) & how easy it is to hold you as that individual that existed back then when we all have all involved, grown, learned, & had various experiences turning us into person you are today that is completely unrecognizable from the person you were then.

Trust in that in every encounter you are meeting a new person & try to treat them laying aside the past experiences you’ve had with them, beliefs about them, & judgments you have toward them.  
Wouldn’t you want the same for yourself!?

Today’s challenge is for you to approach each encounter with fresh new eyes & curiosity appreciating the person as it’s the first time you’re meeting & getting to know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment